Automotive GPS are the dashboard mounted electronic devices which tell you your position on an electronic map and guide you to your destination via voice instructions. With a database full of various Points Of Interest (POIs), these 'must have' gadgets of modern day world, can take you to hotels, gas stations, hospitals, airports or even an unknown address, with quite an ease.
However, as easy it is to use these systems, it is equally cumbersome to choose the perfect one for your vehicle, unless you opt for an Automotive GPS Price Comparison.
The reason is simple, these systems come in a wide variety of brands, price ranges ($150 -$1000), features and upgrades. An Automotive GPS Price Comparison, available on numerous sites these days, helps make your decision easier, as it provides you the following information -
• It tells you what all brands are available for the device, along with the different models available with each brand. You can also see the pictures of the devices available with brands like - Alpine, Garmin, Goodyear, Magellon Maestro, Navigon, Nextar, TellyNay, TomTom, etc.
• The Automotive GPS Price Comparison allows you to go through the various features of each product and then compare them with those of the others. Some of the basic features available in all models are - Multi-segment routing facility, text-to-voice conversion, POI database, etc. Some model specific features are - screen size, onboard map database, traffic navigation systems and the multimedia features.
• The reviews and star ratings on the Automotive Price Comparison sites give you a clear idea of the product's performance on road.
• Some of the Automotive GPS Price Comparison sites allow their users to choose from the mapping software, map books and service stations too.
Here are a few vital points to be kept in mind while choosing your system-
• Automotive GPS are of two major types - Stand-alone Navigation Systems and the PC/PDA based systems. The former further are sub categorized into - Entry level navigation systems, advanced navigation systems, fully loaded navigators, multi-purpose navigators and Europe navigation systems, based on their features.
• It is important to know one's specific requirements and then decide on the model, keeping the budget in mind.
• While buying from an Automotive GPS Price Comparison site, ensure your system has all the basic features and its map database should suit your area of movement.
• Before buying also consider the latest products in the market, what they offer and the possibility of updation in the system of your choice. Blue tooth integration, multimedia options and live updating of software's are some of the frills worth considering.
• You'll can get a decent deal on an Automotive GPS Price Comparison site for $200 - $300.